Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)/Clerk - Michelle Hendry
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) manages the affairs of the Municipality for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the Municipality.
The Clerk, as outlined by the Municipal Act, 2001, c. 25, s. 228, records, without comment, all Resolutions, decisions, and proceedings of Council, as well as documenting the name and vote of every Member voting on any matter.
In addition, the Clerk keeps the originals or copies of all By-Laws, and of all Minutes of Council proceedings.
Treasurer - TBA
Reporting to the CAO/Clerk, the Treasurer will perform the statutory duties in accordance with the Municipal Act, 2001, S. 286(1) to ensure continued efficient and effective financial management of the Corporation.
The Deputy-Clerk/Deputy-Treasurer assists the CAO-Clerk, and the Treasurer with the affairs of the Municipality for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective operation, and financial matters in the Municipality of Whitestone, ensuring the integrity of the Corporation, as well as assisting the Tax Department.
The Deputy-Clerk/Deputy-Treasurer also records, without comment, all Resolutions, decisions, and proceedings of Council, as well as documenting the name and vote of every Member voting on any matter.
The Deputy-Clerk/Deputy-Treasurer is also responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Accounts Payable
- Signing Commissioner
- Tax Certificates
- Municipal Lottery Licensing Officer
- Cemetery Board Treasurer/Recorder
- Cemetery Administrator
- Playground Project Community Resource Co-Ordinator
- After School Program Administrator
- Rental Unit Licensing Officer
- Emergency Management BEM
- Road Grant Protocol Applications
- Municipal Facility Rentals Administrator
- Health Unit Permits (Events)
- Accessible Customer Service/WHMIS/Health & Safety Training Administrator
- Municipal Website Administrator
- Social Media Administrator
- Purchasing Group Administrator
- Annual Pitch-In Week Co-Ordinator
- Annual Rabies Clinic Co-Ordinator
- Annual Appreciation Co-Ordinator/Administrator
- Association of Municipal Clerks and Treasurers of Ontario (AMCTO) Professional Member
- AMCTO Municipal Administration Program (MAP)
- AMCTO Municipal Accounting & Finance Program (MAFP)
The Secretary/Receptionist provides routine Clerical and Secretarial assistance to the CAO-Clerk, the Treasurer, and the Deputy-Clerk/Deputy-Treasurer, as well as the Chief Building Official, including scheduling appointments, managing correspondence, filing documents, and answering the phone, fax & email during business hours.
The Planning Assistant provides secretarial assistance to the CAO-Clerk, the Treasurer, and the Deputy-Clerk/Deputy-Treasurer, as well as the Chief Building Official. In addition, the Planning Assistant creates and revises legal documents, and assists with the following applications:
- Shore Road Allowance
- Concession Road Allowance
- Minor Variance
- Site Plan/Development Applications & Agreements