Wellness Centre & Pool Advisory Committee
The Council of the Municipality of Whitestone is planning a meeting on December 14, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. regarding
the Pool & Wellness Centre . Please click here for more information.
Latest Update - June 26, 2020:
- The 7 Municipal offices and 2 First Nation administration offices in West Parry Soun
- Call your local Municipal or First Nation administration office for details
THE WEST PARRY SOUND WELLNESS CENTRE AND POOL
The Wellness Centre & Pool Committee (WCPC), is composed of:
- Appointed Mayor/Reeve or Council memberS from each of the seven West Parry Sound area municipalities. WCPC Terms of Reference . The WCPC makes recommendations for adoption by each member municipality.
A Steering Committee is composed of:
- The seven West Parry Sound area municipal Chief Administrative Officers. Per the decision-making governance structure and reports to the WCPC.
A Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) is composed of:
- Fifteen members of the public bringing different skills sets and expertise. The CAC reports to the Steering Committee. CAC Terms of Reference
The firm CS&P Architects were the successful proponents on an RFP for undertaking the ‘due diligence’ work regarding:
- site selection
- understanding what the community’s needs are
- estimating capital costs based on those needs
- servicing costs and a business plan to address operating costs once it is built.
The seven area municipalities agreed on a cost sharing formula to undertake this work.
The WCPC meetings are open to the public, are live streamed and recorded. View the most recent and the entire playlist of meetings
For the Lastest meeting Live Stream, please view the following link: Wellness Centre & Pool Committee Meeting - 2020/10/22
For more information, please click on the following links:
Citizens Advisory Committee Agendas
Citizens Advisory Committee Minutes
Public Consultation Meetings
To reach out to the Wellness Centre & Pool Citizens Advisory Committee please contact Tom Lundy by E-mail or phone 416-550-3434