◄IMPORTANT CHANGES AT THE LANDFILL SITES►
Commencing May 1, 2020, we are implementing some important changes to our Waste Management System. Council has identified a number of options to create efficiencies and to extend the life of our landfill sites.
NO TIRES will be accepted.
(Tires can be taken to any place that sells tires)
ALL BRUSH will ONLY be accepted at the Auld’s Road Landfill Site.
BOATS- completely stripped metal hulls ONLY, will be accepted
NO COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION DEMOLITION DEBRIS or BRUSH will be accepted
(Township of McDougall accepts Commercial Construction Debris for a fee)
Aulds Street Location: 5 Aulds Street, Dunchurch
York Street Location: 52 York Street, Dunchurch
Summer Hours - Victoria Day - Thanksgiving:
- Holiday Mondays 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Tuesday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Thursday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Saturday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Sunday 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Winter Hours - Thanksgiving - Victoria Day:
- Tuesday 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Thursday 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Saturday 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Sunday 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Municipality of Whitestone is dedicated to Waste Reduction and Environmental Sustainability by investing in a Recycling Program.
We accept materials for Recycling at both Auld's Road and York Street Landfill Sites.
For more information on Recycling Initiatives, please visit the Recycling Council Of Ontario.
Stream One: Recyclable Fibers
Brown Paper Bags
Stream Two: Recyclable Containers:
Glass Bottles & Jars
Metal Beverage Cans
Metal Food Cans
Plastic Soft Drink Bottles
Rigid Plastic Bottles
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT RECYCLE STYROFOAM!
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS & ELECTRONIC WASTE:
- Accepted Hazardous Waste and Accepted Electronic Waste can be taken to the McFarlane Street Transfer Station in Parry Sound ~ Located at the end of MacFarlane Street ~ View the Map.
- This Depot is available to all residents of Parry Sound, The Archipelago, Carling, McDougall, McKellar, Seguin & Whitestone - Proof of residency will be required.
- Please note that Landfill Access Cards are required for disposal at the McFarlane Street Transfer Station.
- The Depot is NOT available for commercial & industrial use.
- Program runs from mid-April until mid-October each year, please check the Town of Parry Sound's Website for exact dates.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm.
- Sunday: 12:00 pm - 5:30 pm (April - October).
- Closed on Tuesday, Thursday & Statutory Holidays.
- For questions related to this Transfer Station, please contact the Town of Parry Sound at 705-746-2101.
- For information on how to dispose of waste that are not accepted, please contact the Ministry of the Environment at 705-497-6865.
Please DO NOT Leave Garbage At The Landfill Site Gates!
This is what happens when garbage is left outside the gates at our Landfill Sites:
If you spot anyone dumping garbage outside the gates
and you are able to take note of their license plate number, please contact
Paul Rossiter, By-Law Enforcement Officer at 705-389-2466 Ext. # 45.