Install Smoke Alarms & Carbon Monoxide Detectors. . . IT'S THE LAW!! For additional information, please contact:
Bob Whitman - Fire Chief at 705-389-3824 OR 705-774-1967.
Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are available for purchase at the Municipal Office and at the Fire Halls.
- Smoke Detectors: $8.00
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors: $26.00
- Combo Smoke Detectors and Carbon Monoxide Detectors: $32.00
Be Fire Smart!
Every year burning grass and/or debris ignites a wildfire. In the spring, cured grass dries quickly, ignites easily, and can spread out of control quickly. These fires cause property damage and cost money to extinguish. If you light it, you are responsible for it!
Instead of burning, you can:
- Mow and compost grass
- Chip and compost brush or use it as mulch
If you must burn:
- Don't burn when it is windy
- Light your fire two hours before sunset or later
- Burn a safe distance from anything that could catch fire
- Keep your fire small and stay with it until it is out
For more information, contact your local Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry Office, or your Fire Department. Also check out the links below for helpful tips.
- Be Fire Smart
- Playing With Fire
- Carbon Monoxide Alarms - Questions & Answers
- Carbon Monoxide - Be Alarmed
- Carbon Monoxide Safety Tips
- Carbon Monoxide - What You Need To Know
- Compost - Don't Burn
- Don't Let Spring Fever Burn You Up
- Fall & Winter - Fire Safety Tips
- Fire Safety Tips At The Cottage
- Home Escape Plan
- Home Escape Plan - Be Prepared
- Is Your Property Protected?
- Spring & Summer - Fire Safety Tips
- What You Should Know About Restricted Fire Zones